Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Doilies, Hook and Squares...Oh My!

I'm back into doilies lately. Making lots of them. Mini-doilies and a couple of regular-sized doilies. I'm mostly using up "partial" balls of thread and finding interesting ways of mixing and matching the colors. This is a mini-doily -- blue center, purple, then cream thread.
While I was at the San Diego Fair (2009), I went to the wood working show and a man made me a crochet hook (I made a donation afterwords). It's about 4 inches long and just right for traveling. I have no idea what hook size it is...does it matter? I think it's artistic and just adorable.
Oh yeah, I won! The squares contest. I thought for sure that the shadow knitted square with musical notes wouldn't win, but it got 3rd Place.
I really wanted my granny square to win (first prize, please...), but it it got 3rd place instead. Gosh, the competition is tough!

No comments:

Post a Comment