Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Socks...In the Beginning

After four false starts, I finally found my way through making socks from the toe up! Using my magic number of "48" and my needle size of 4, I basically re-wrote the toe up pattern to fit me. The author of Socks from the Toe Up, believes in No. 0 needles. No. 0 needles are very small and difficult for me to work with. All her numbers are based on this size needle and it's difficult to convert to a larger needle size. Even No. 1 or No. 2 would be easier than zero. Overall, having finished one sock and working on the other, it is not that difficult. I thought the gusset and heel would be difficult, but it wasn't. The toe is a little tight, but the "suffering" doesn't last long. As soon as the sock expands and gets big enough, it's easy. I'm thinking I might have to "fuss" with it a little. Adjust needle size or number of sts, but overall, I'm pleased with the results.

No comments:

Post a Comment